When you link a Theme world with a widget, the rule chain of that widget must include the Theme world rule in the rule chain. For more information, see Rule settings for recommendations.
To learn more about widgets and the rule chain, see Widget Configuration.
What is the feature about?
With the theme worlds, you can define product groups using various attributes, such as red products for the next autumn collection. The theme worlds can be linked to recommendation widgets in the shop as well as to newsletters. You can also create a temporary theme world for a specific campaign, which will then be used on a landing page.
Examples for Theme worlds:
- Events & Holidays: Easter, Christmas, Black Friday
- Seasonal campaigns: Ski -& Snowboard articles, hot summer nights
- Trend colors
This feature is available for the services epoq Search, epoq Inspire and epoq Connect. The linking of the Theme world differs depending on the service.
To learn more about Theme worlds for Search, click here.
How to define the result set of a Theme world
In the Control Desk, in the Editor of the Theme world, you can define the products.
The left side shows the product catalog with its fields and attributes prepared by epoq. On the right side the result set, based on the selected attributes of the left side, is output.
- Click on the icon to add individual products, categories or attributes to the Theme world.
- Select any number of attributes to define the result set.
- Click Save.
If several attributes are selected within one field, the OR link applies, e.g.: Category "Outdoor" + Category "Ski" > Outdoor and Ski products are output.
If attributes from different fields are selected, the AND operation applies, e.g.: Brand "Puma" + Category "T-Shirt" > Only T-shirts of the brand Puma will be output.
This applies to all attributes, except for products, which are added by Product ID. These are "OR"-linked with each other, e.g.: Brand "Puma" + Category "T-Shirt" + ProductID "302" > All T-shirts of the brand Puma and a special Puma shoe will be output.
Linking a Theme world to a recommendation widget
You can link a Theme world with a predefined recommendation widget and thus have certain products appear in the widget.
- Play matching products for your next ski vacation on the home page.
- Find your perfect outfit for long summer nights. Products: Dress, denim jacket, skirt, ...
- Jeans, jeans, jeans. Stay on trend and secure your new jeans look now. Products: Jeans pants, Jeans dress, Jeans skirt, Jeans shorts, Jeans jacket, Jeans blouse, ...
- Create a theme world for the "Naketano" brand and play out these products in the brand newsletter.
- Create a theme world around the topic "Aquariums" and promote the products in your pet supplies newsletter.
How do I manage the feature in the Control Desk?
You can find the feature Theme worlds in the Control Desk under Data Management. After you have created a Theme world, the entry appears in the overview.
There you can activate/deactivate, configure, edit or delete an entry.
The symbols used in the Control Desk are explained here.
Examples of Use
You can find some general Use Cases here.
How to link a Theme world with recommendation widgets
You want to promote a certain brand in your recommendations on the homepage of your online shop. To do this, you create a new Theme world and link it to the widget on the home page. In the editor, you add the brand "Burton" to the result set. After saving your theme, only Burton brand products will appear in the widget.